• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 6 is ****ing me off...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
K, this is a simple problem with a simple fix I am sure:

IE 6 is making me angry. I often have 2 or 3 browser windows open. When I go to my bookmarked sites list in the active window and click one of links, it changes one of the inactive windows to that new site. This is very annoying because I may have my email or an article in that inactive window and I don't want it to change. I DO NOT want it to switch the inactive window but the active one to the new site. I have looked but cannot find a setting to make it change the active window to the bookmarked site. Can anyone help me?

This is a known bug in IE6, and AFAIK there's no way around this other than dragging the link to the Start menu or Quick Launch bar to begin a new parent instance.

I know IE6 has a bunch of bells and whistles, but i use Netscape 6.2 alot and i have no problems what so all ,except in some java enabled pages i get some funky results

You could get Opera. I know that it's not exactly solution for what ails you, but I've found it to be far superior to and much less buggy that IE.

I liked Opera too, i liked how it managed multiple browser windows. In fact i would say it does it better then IE and Netscape . But there are some compatibility issues with certain pages

MaxPower said:
I liked Opera too, i liked how it managed multiple browser windows. In fact i would say it does it better then IE and Netscape . But there are some compatibility issues with certain pages

I've noticed that. When I fond those pages, I unblock IE with my firewall, view the page and block it again. I don't trust it, no matter how many updates MS releases (unless they pull a 9i! LOL).

IE 6 is crap, just do the same as the other suckers do use IE6 for the moment and then use IE6.5 or 7 when it comes out which you would think would be amazing and fix all bugs, although it will be completely unsecure, have pi**ing off bugs and have a crap email program with it (outlook express).
There has been a huge increase in the number of suckers (including me) as this crap browser i'm using now comes with every OS since Windows 98.
Lets hope Microsoft get sued before they won't have any competitors left.

LOL, Al is in a rant mood today! :)

Well, they would probably call it a "feature" :rolleyes: but if there is nothing I can do, oh well. I like IE and have been using it for a long time. And I have never used outlook express, I use yahoo exclusively for my email since I can get it anywhere. Heh, I don't even know what my ISP assigned email addy is. :D

Back