• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid BIOS... what can I do now!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinkles

Hi,
I want to overclock my q6600... but I can't :(
I have the DG965wh MoBo and evidently the BIOS doesn't have overclocking settings, no FSB editing or anything :'(

so... I was wondering if there is something I can do to like, idk, hack the BIOS (I already tried updating) or if there is some software I can use. Help please. I just got meh water cooling stuff and I want to put it to use :D

Last edited:
Get another motherboard.

But you can try Clockgen or SetFSB and see if those work. Looks like you put the cart before the horse in going water with a board that doesnt overclock. ;)

yeah, i'll try those programs

no comment about my motherboard ...

Only select Intel motherboards support overclocking. If you want to overclock you'll need a new board. That's that cat in the hat

yeah, I tried ClockGEN... bad things happened :\

I ended up resetting the CMOS and the BIOS

what mobo is good? I have a q6600, will that only fit LGA775 sockets?

Last edited:
Give SetFSB a try instead of ClockGen, as it supports a wider range of clock generators. SetFSB is still updated on a regular basis, whereas ClockGen is outdated and unsupported.

oh, okay :D

UPDATE: Nope, it dosent have my PLL, which is weird, cause the other one did...

I tend not to make purchases solely on what deals are packaged myself most the time, usually it trying to unload surplus stuff to get you to by a few things that are over stocked.

Not always I guess.

Up to you, I usually try to get specifically what I like.

:beer:

Can't say for sure looks pretty good, has an x48 in it like the Rampage I'm using, like I said before just haven't used Gigabytes myself in a few years :)

I had to go to an X48 to get my HD4870x2 and my RAID card to work, a P45 in the other won't cut that. Depends on what your doing I guess, the other one is supposed to OC really well I guess.

Last edited:
umm, I just posted and it went back in time...

Last edited:
DO IT (translation) get a new motherboard! :)

Yeah the back in time happens often here. Its because of the OCFORUM Time reversal technology. We all have built in Flux Capacitors.

Back