• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stanley blower from Wal-Mart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strida

So I've pretty much stopped a lot of my computer/overclocking and run my machine stock these days, however I just wanted to pop in with an idea someone might appreciate.

I just picked up a Stanley blower (also sold in a grey version under the brand name Lasko at Lowes) from Wal-Mart for 40 bucks. It pushes about 300-400 cfm while staying fairly quiet.

Anyways, this blower definitely kicks some major ***. I could definitely see this being in someone's insane air/water/phase cooling setup.

Check out your local Wal-Mart. They usually have them on display or plugged in for you to check out. Prepare to be amazed!

Later.

i use one of these to cool 5 USFF PC's in an enclosed cabinet. will try to get some pix of it later. works pretty good, and quiet depending on what speed you put it on. But yes, quiet for the amount of air it pushes!

I had considered the same thing, but for my computer room to exhaust the hot air. We mechanics use them to cool the shop, keep in mind these burn tons of electricity.

I don't know why I thought I read leaf blower. That would make for some crazy case cooling! lol I pictured this attached to someone's case... :screwy:

Attachments

• leafblower.jpg
    leafblower.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,097
Lol, it's a squirrel cage fan, not a leaf blower!

Anyways... I took mine apart, used a dremel to remove the fan grills and a lot of plastic that was restricting air from the motor side of the squirrel cage fan, and it pushes a lot more air, much more quietly.

Anyways, later.

I have a "mobile office" and use it in an enclosed cabinet. The ducting leads to exterior.
photo.jpg

Back