• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.skill SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicayotte

I have had my G.Skill 128gb SSD(FM-25S2S-128GB) for exactly 36 days and it decided to fail on me. I load up my computer and it gives me a disk read error. After checking bios and running check disk via plugging it into another computer and running checkdisk i determined it is indeed bad with no chance of saving information because the drive does not detect!

So i suggest everyone who owns a SSD back up your information because it doesn't seem that the technology is there yet. This is my 5th SSD i have seen come through my place of work. So as this continues i finally bargained with newegg and they will replace the drive for me(after telling them to see that i have bought well over 50k worth of products through them between me and my work)

I had mine for 2 months and it was solid.

I wouldn't save anything important on there anyway, unraid FTW.

Ack sorry to hear, I'm still a litle leary of anything other than an Intel or a OCZ Vertex myself atm and still not going there yet.

Last edited:
Ack sorry to hear, I'm still a litle leary of anything than an Intel or a OCZ Vertex myself atm and still not going there yet.

At my place of work i have seen two intels come back, x-25's to be exact. I jsut feel the technology is not there yet. A word for the wise it seems impossible for any information to get off. I saw the HD is Bios and in my computer but when you click it it is inaccessable...:screwy:.

So i go to put a 160gb i have at my house in and its IDE....... FML!:bang head:bang head

thats odd i havnt had a problem with any of my ssd's i used to have 4 ocz core v2's and now 2 vertex drives i hope it was just coincidence

Back