• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i-inc 28" lcd $279

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got this in today, and holy crap :drool: Attached is a crappy low light comparison to my 17" imac.

Attachments

• lcd.jpg
    lcd.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,111
28" for $279? I would be very leary about that, it might look good and crap out or get alot of dead pixels after one year. Seems like it doesn't have DVI also I have never heard of that brand, where are they made? What is the warranty?

Last edited:
DVI = HDMI, and if it's like it's Hanns-G brother it comes w/ a HDMI-DVI cable, and a VGA-Component cable, so you can hook it up 4 different ways...but only 2 ways at a time.

For the price this is a great monitor. Black levels are not that great, and there is noticeable color shift on a solid color screen. Overall the screen looks fantastic, though. My Hanns-G had 0 dead pixels.

It is bright, and you have to turn the brightness way down so it doesn't hurt your eyes, but I'd much rather have to turn it down then not be able to get it bright enough.

yea as long as you have hdmi > dvi cable/adapters there is no reason to have dvi. they support same video quality and hdmi includes high def audio, but from what i gather hdmi fully supports hdcp (encryption technology mostly in bluray) whereas dvi may have issues with it.

Last edited:
i have the hanns g version and love it. like jason said the black levels are not great and the brightness needs to be turned down but otherwise and awesome monitor for the price its well worth it.

hmmm dvi is analog, hdmi is pure digital.... not the same...

Ehh, no. DVI isn't strictly analog, although it can pass an analog signal. Would be pretty stupid to name something "Digital Visual Interface" if it wasn't digital ;)

The only pure analog DVI setup is DVI-A (DVI-Analog) which I don't think I've ever seen used anywhere.

wikipedia said:
A DVI signal is electrically compatible with an HDMI video signal; no signal conversion is required when an adapter is used, and consequently no loss in video quality occurs.[3] As such, HDMI is backward-compatible with Digital Visual Interface digital video (DVI-D or DVI-I, but not DVI-A) as used on modern computer monitors and graphics cards. This means that a DVI-D source can drive an HDMI monitor, or vice versa, by means of a suitable adapter or cable. However, the audio and remote-control features of HDMI will not be available unless the output supports HDMI via a DVI plug (e.g., ATI 3*** and NVIDIA GTX 2** video cards).[3] Additionally, not all devices with DVI input support High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Without such support by the device, an HDCP-enabled signal source will suppress output and so prevent the device from receiving HDCP-protected content.[99] All HDMI devices must support sRGB encoding.[100]

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Compatibility_with_DVI

but saying DVI = HDMI without sound would be wrong... hdmi carries a lot more bandwidth than dvi, hence, different picture quality.

but saying DVI = HDMI without sound would be wrong... hdmi carries a lot more bandwidth than dvi, hence, different picture quality.

I'd say 'DVI = HDMI without sound' is a lot closer to the truth than 'DVI = analog' :beer:

Back