• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading Router Firmware to DD-WRT, froze at 98%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mtotho

I am upgrading my WRT-300n V1.1 to DD-WRT. I followed the guide on the site and used the correct .bin file. i started upgrading and got a "failed to upgrade" error right away.. but it continued anyway. it got to 98% after about 30-40 seconds, but its been sitting at 98% for about 30 minutes now. I am still connected to the router at this point, but i am afraid that if i reset the router then it wont work anymore.

any ideas? suggestions?

I wouldn't worry about it. There are a thousand ways to fix a bricked router.

But if you're still able to access the interface... why not just try the upgrade again?

Make sure you're using the right version of DD-WRT as well...

i tried again. this time it froze at 98 percent, however when i try to get back to the interface.. i cant. i can no longer connect to gateway/router. i have since hard reset it, now i cannot even connect through internet (currently on neighboors wireless).

i cant even ping my router. idk whatsup

What is the exact name of the bin file you tried to flash with?
Are you using mini? You can't go Linksys directly to the full DDWRT package, need to go min first. This may explain why you're freezing at 98%.

It's probably pretty likely the failed flash fubared your router, but try a hard reset first.

ok im trying to resurect this thing. just watching the lights and the connection status.. this router is going crazy. the lights flash between all on, to all off, to just the ethernet port that is plugged in (proper light scheme). when it flashes correctly, only flashing on ethernet slot 1, the one that is connected to my computer, i am sometimes able to ping it.

I am trying to tftp the stock linksys firmware(WRT300N-v1.1_1.51.2_fw.bin), but the router isnt staying connected to the computer long enough (it flickers back and forth between being connected and not being connected).

i can ping it everyonce in a while.. so i know something is still living inside it... any suggestions? oh and i tryed hard reset multiple times

Last edited:
Back