• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggest remote

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

so I'm looking on Newegg and I can't find any media center remotes....stand alone...I don't want a tuner card....can anyone point me in the right direction?

yeah...but I need one that comes with a sensor since..I just used a standard mATX case I already had instead of paying an outrageous $150+ for a htpc case.

oh wait never mind some of these do have sensors

So I got the remote..I haven't gotten really in depth with it but it works great so far. Windows 7 saw the IR sensor immediately and had it working right out of the box. The drawback is that this didn't come with any software, so I don't see anywhere to manually configure any settings like button maps. With windows media center this hasn;t been any problem so far...everything maps like how you think it should. Although everyone talks about Media Portal so I've been wanting to use that, and since it's skinable that's awesome but the remote doesn't seem to work as well in it..or atleast the buttons don't always map as well as in media center. I would think they'd pretty much make media center the defacto remote to support, and they even have an option for it in settings. For instance the back button does nothing....although clear backup..sort of...it'll minimize the movie before doing so. I can get into viewing pictures....but then can't back out of it. Does anyone know how to get Media Portal working better with a media center remote better?

Back