• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel x-25m 80gb boot time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
intel.png

I love the small file speed compared to vertex. Might not be noticeable, but a big jump from my other ssds.

I get about 7 seconds booting time for Ubuntu 9.10 (not including POST). I don't think the bottleneck is my harddrive anymore, but my 1.4ghz ULV Core 2 Solo (this is a laptop). It's almost as fast as waking up from sleep.

I'm so tempted to try these SSD's but I guess I'll be going for 2 x 30GB Vertex in RAID-0. Does SSD RAID gives boost to boot up times?

I'm so tempted to try these SSD's but I guess I'll be going for 2 x 30GB Vertex in RAID-0. Does SSD RAID gives boost to boot up times?
A little bit. Not worth it IMHO. Just get a 64GB. Less hassle to set up (and probably cheaper, too). With a SSD, the bottleneck is probably not the disk subsystem anymore.

Yeah, I'm really wondering about that too. In traditional platter based drives, RAID-0 setup would give a good boost but with SSD, I'm not sure does RAID-0 gives a bigger boost to OS startup. Obviously it would make a difference when we copy huge chunks of data.

Back