• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with finding a good case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aalford48

I need some help in picking a great air-cooling case that is under $75, my current case seems to be causing my CPU to overheat and I need to replace the case either way since it has been falling apart for a while now. Any suggestions? Preferably I'd like a mid tower but any good Full Towers would be good to.

Alot of people here seem to be big fans of the CM 690 and would suggest spending the extra 5 bucks on it. An Antec 300 would be something to check out for under 75.

those are the 2 I've been looking at the most and am hoping the local shop near me has them, I know they have the 690 but I don't know if they will have the Antec 300.

Antec 300 hands down. Fantastic little case. You just need to buy a couple of intake fans (YateLoon Mediums if you want good and inexpensive) as they are not included.
Very good airflow and tons of room if you manage your cables properly.

NZXT Beta is a nice case. Just picked one up. They're a steal at $50. I bought the case and 4 of those sexy Xigmatek White LED fans everyone loves. Came out to like $75 total. Case interior is also painted black when you buy it, which is a nice feature for $50

Well I just got to go in and take a look at the CM 690, the Antec 300, and the NZXT Beta. Out of the 3 I am now leaning towards the Antec 300, the shop I am buying my new case from is holding a deal starting Monday where I live that Includes the Antec 300 and a few other New cases(The HAF 932/922 etc.) that includes the maximum amount of fans of my choice for only $25( I've chosen 3 XIGMATEK 120mm 4 white LED Case Fans and 1 XIGMATEK 140mm 4 white LED Case Fan.) Hopefully this will fix my heating problems, and if it isnt the case then I may have to upgrade my processor, plus it's probably time to move on past my old 3800+ by now.

Georanma, baditude_df, jamesman32 thank you all for your suggestions you have all been a great help in me finding a better case. Thank you.

Gonna have to second that one. I love my HAF. Im in the middle of priming it for a black and red interior. The 922 looks nice for a mid version. I must say though, if i got another mid, I'd hit up that CM Storm Scout. Thing looks sick, and the its paint total black.

Here's some reference to what I'm talking about.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=577904

Some pictures from another build.

As you can see, there is ample room for not only a 2nd 4870, but also good airflow for both cards and the heatsinks on the mobo. Of course, I love making extra holes. :)

I've built 3 machines with this case and every one has turned out extremely well.

Too bad none of them seem to allow you to access the back of the mobo to install a back plate for a heatsink without taking the mobo out.

edit: I was thinking the 690 did, but it doesnt.

Last edited:
Back