• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a thought for anyone picking up a TRUE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the fan shroud looks fine. It's not the most attractive thing in the world, but it does its job well and I prefer it over the wire clips.

Ah, ok good deal :) Stupid me to begin with I think I posted that Jab-Tech link to that one in a post a couple days ago, forgot were that cheap there.

:beer:

Yeah I kinda like my stupid fan shroud's :)

Last edited:
Im thinking about either buying a TRUE for myself on my birthday at the end of august or getting my parents to. I cant decide if I want to get the black or roll with the silver. Im a bit more tempted toward the black now that Im in the process of painting my case. But, if I end up buying it (may ask for a Q9550 instead from them) then Ill probably be a cheapo and look at just gettting the silver TRUE. Damn my tight wallet.

I think I picked up mine for $70

I added 2 120CFM fans to it in a push-pull.

i picked mine up for $79...AUD! :santa:

the price has risen to $89 now...so i'm not complaining.

i've got both the fan shroud and the wire clips. iv'e got to say i like the clips better. the shroud looks too plastically, and i riced it up by putting CF film over it :p lol!

funny times...

much better price... i7 and 775 mounting.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Thermalright-Ultra-120-eXtreme-775-BP-pr-4388.html

54 bucks... add on a 3.60 yate loon low speed if you dont already have a 120mm... and IMO you have a much better looking cooler (lack of the ghey shroud fan clip)

is the stupid fan shroud, worth 12 bucks over the above combo, OH and not to mention you get BOTH i7 and 775 mounting... not just i7

better price still at jabtech

http://www.jab-tech.com/Thermalright-Ultra-120-eXtreme-1366-RT-Rev.B-pr-4514.html

56 dollars gets you the $15 dollar fan (FDB FTW!) the free fan shroud and the improved TRUE design for 1366 (something about a V notch in it so it performas more like the megahalem)

Hmm it appears that main price differnce is the mounting mechanism not hte fan or holder.

Since this one is only $1 or $2 more than the 775 one, but has the better fan and holder as well.

Nothing wrong with the clips that come with the TRUE, plus you're not limited to rpm and cfm if you choose your own fan. And let's face it, fans are dirt cheap.

being able to choose your fans ultimately makes the diffrence..
thats why i built my own clips for the tuniq because i know it could cool better with a better push pull fan setup and better fans...

Back