• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 120mm Red LED Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANTEC900

I Am In Need Of Some Red LED Fans
But I Am Not Sure Which Ones To Get

What They Need To Have:
84+ CFM
Under $14 Each
And Sound Does Not Rely Mater

If Anyone Can Help It Woul Be Greatly Appreciated

THIS one is pretty close to meeting your requested specs at 78 cfm, well within the price range. Not sure how 'true' the specs are on Thermaltake fans.
EDIT: found THIS one by Coolermaster too.

Last edited:
What is the specific need for these fans? We can help you better if we know how and where they will be used. Are you sure that the fans need to be 84+ CFM....how did you come up with that exact cfm requirement?

I have spent many, many hours looking at fans of all sizes and specs and suggest that you will just need to do some looking as well.

These are a few of the more shopped sites from most of us here:

Newegg, Jab-tech, Performance-pcs, FrozenCpu, Directron,...and other sites as well.

I do most of my fan buying from the first 4 sites..but you never can tell where you can pick up a good discount on a particular item.

Some of the most popular and dependable fan makers...in no particular order...: Coolermaster (one of my favorites),Scythe ( also one of my favorites), Yate Loon, EverCool, Thermaltake, Panaflo, Antec, Nexus,...and probably a few other makers of quality fans with fairly reliable specs.

Ive used these on some Cosmos S builds ive done and i was very happy with the results.

Here is a link. Newegg Link

Ive got 6 of the fans sealed left over, shoot me a pm if you would like them. Ill cut you a very decent deal for em.

hmmm anybody can recommend me a red led very silent fan? im getting tired of my antec 3speed blue leds...

I would start at Newegg and look at the red led fans in your size...read a lot of the reviews for any particular fan that looks good to you and that will let you know if that fan is holding close to it's stated cfm & dBa specs ( so many are not even close !)...and then just try one or two and see for yourself which make of fan that you like.

I have tried certain fans that are very popular and I didn't like them...didn't like the noise...wasn't impressed with the airflow. So..I could recommend a CoolerMaster ( probably my favorite so far), but you might not like it for one reason or another.

There are some good makers of 120mm fans: CoolerMaster..Scythe S-Flex...Thermaltake...your Antec brand...Evercool...others. The 80mm & 120mm sizes are probably the most widely used size, so there are quite a few to select from.

I actually enjoy experimenting with different makes of fans...to me it's just part of this hobby.

So take some time to read some of the feed back for a fan and decide for yourself if you want to try that fan...or not. You will develop your own "favorite" make of fans just like most of us have done.

So take some time to read some of the feed back for a fan and decide for yourself if you want to try that fan...or not. You will develop your own "favorite" make of fans just like most of us have done.

When I start asking questions here, it this forum, it means I'm getting confused of mixed reviews... I even check other forums. Some of the reviews in newegg is funny, obviously they don't know what their talking about, that's why I ask here as I consider people here more knowledgeable and more experienced like yourself.

actually now looking at it, i want to resleeve my whole system, make wires shorter and all :) hehe

THIS one is pretty close to meeting your requested specs at 78 cfm, well within the price range. Not sure how 'true' the specs are on Thermaltake fans.
EDIT: found THIS one by Coolermaster too.

Oh man, I wanna buy the CoolerMaster R4 black fans with red LED's.. those are the same fans as the ones found on a CoolerMaster V10.

It'd be cool to have two of those fans connected to the 4-pin CPU fan header on newer motherboards, like with the V10.

It makes sense that this fan pushes 90 CFM due to having more blades, but the air pressure wouldnt be as high as having 7 larger blades, so it's a tradeoff..

Last edited:
ciku, I wasn't trying to side-step your question....sorry if my reaponses came across that way.

I will highly recommend the Cooler Master fans. I have found them to be very close to their stated specs, and for me, they are quieter than any other comparable brand.

My second choice are the Scythe S-Flex series. I think they are exceptional fans and very accurate for specs, but twice the cost of the Cooler Master. Scythe has several styles and I haven't tried them all...yet...but I have two of the 100mm Kaze Jyu type..

http://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-KAZE-JYU-100mm-Quiet-FAN-Medium-Speed-SY1025SLN12M-pr-4289.html

These are not absolutely quiet....you can barely hear them...but with a fan controller you can turn them down just a little bit and they become silent and still push a lot of air.

The Yate Loon fans are talked up quite a bit here, but I tried one of the 120mm fans and I wasn't impressed with either the airflow or the noise...my Cooler Master's were better. maybe I just got a bad Yate Loon, I don't know...but I do know that I have never gotten a bad Cooler Master.

So you see, it can be a very subjective thing.

Back