• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+1 for newegg!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

so Thursday i order the coolermaster v8 cpu cooler and the day after i make my order it goes on sale for 61.99 from the 69.99 that i paid for, so i send them a email and i got a reply today saying that a credit of 8 dollars will be put into my account in the next 3-5 days, awesome support!! this is why i love shopping at newegg and why everyone should watch the prices after they order lol :bday:

haha i just got an email saying it's out on delivery today only after an order on sunday.. hope it comes today

anywyas, i've heard about concerns about newegg shipping whole builds (parts) like mine only in packing peanuts

has anyone had problems with this shipping method?

I hate it when they use packing peanuts and EVERYTHING seems to move to the sides of the box, including my GTX 260 and OEM wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap hard drive.

Sears used to have a 30 day policy like that. I don't know if they still do, but I always thought that it was a sign of great customer service.

I had bad experiences last time Newegg shipped me an order with all of my current rig's parts in it, with the exclusion of the case. Everything was in peanuts, stacked on top of eachother, and the boxes for every part were dented and mushed together. The motherboard was jammed into the side of the newegg box, and there was a hole punctured right through the motherboard box, onto the tip of one of my RAM slots. Both my graphics card boxes were pretty mangled as well, and the PSU was basically bouncing on top of them.

NE shipping seems to have taken a plunge especially if shipped from TN warehouse. My packing lists are crumpled up and just thrown in the box. Boxes come more dented than usual. Everything used to be packed nicely now everything is just thrown in the box with recycled paper or a few peanuts. Return polices are stricter now can't return anything unless defective anymore. Prices are less competitive. I'm finding better deals else where.
But their web site is awesome and Customer service is very good still.

haha i just got an email saying it's out on delivery today only after an order on sunday.. hope it comes today

anywyas, i've heard about concerns about newegg shipping whole builds (parts) like mine only in packing peanuts

has anyone had problems with this shipping method?

That's how everything I've gotten comes. Items up against one side of the outer box, covered in peanuts. Never had anything show up broken. Cases and monitors just come in their original box, never had an issue there either.

Yeah, I mean they shipped everything in my sig, aside from the PSU and headset, in one box. Peanuts, hdd was b-wrapped. Not a dent on the box, or any of the component boxes. But having worked in international shipping before, the shipping box could have been better grade.

Yep, just price matched a $20 difference on another e-tailer website. Helps that I spent $1500 with them in March though. I wish I hadn't created a new account, because I would be interested in seeing how much I have spent with them over the years.

They honor loyal customers requests. Although I'm sure I burnt that bridge for awhile.

Back