Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

New system, need suggestions.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 07-27-09, 02:22 AM Thread Starter   #1
BraedenNaylor

New system, need suggestions.

Okay, need to setup liquid cooling in my new system. Everything is in a Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower. For now all i want to do is liquid cool the CPU. Using an X58 classified with intel I7.

Will evntually cool GPU, northbridge, etc.

Any suggestions on a setup?

Thanks
BraedenNaylor is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-27-09, 03:36 AM   #2
BobbyBubblehead

if your just making a start but plan to build upon then my sacred list is :-

D5 vario (any)
swiftech triple rad (not silly money but effective)
some mid price tubing (some may disscolour and leach but its thicker walled and helps I find with bend radius)
and theres plenty of sensible blocks to choose from really.

I`ll go refresh my memory on your case (never really plan on fitting anything in my case assuming the machine in question has a case)
BobbyBubblehead is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-27-09, 03:53 AM   #3
ascl

The HAF 932 should take a swifttech (MCR320) triple at the top with zero modifications. You can also fit a double or triple in front of the hdd's, depending on how long your graphics card(s) are.

If you are going for a D5 vario, you might want to use the Typhoon III bay res. It allows 2 parallel loops later on, but even if you don't want to use that option, its a decently performing pump top, with the convenience of a bay mount.
ascl is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-27-09, 01:35 PM   #4
Perseus

The current SOTA CPU block is the Heatkiller 3.0. It's only drawback is that its mounting hardware can be difficult compared to something like the GTZ. I don't do case modding but I can say that planning ahead in terms of surface area (radiator(s)) is the prudent choice. Get a lot more than what you think you need. Having a lot of surface area is the gift that keeps on giving!

XPSC dual bay res+T-line, Distilled + Silver
X-Fi Fat. Pro PCI-e, Enermax Galaxy 1250 watt
5x2tb WD Caviar Black, 150g RaptorX

My Heatware.
Perseus is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-27-09, 01:46 PM   #5
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Have you water cooled before or is this your first time? Are you going for silence, maximum cooling ability or a combination of the two?

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop