• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD Mystery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmnash

Registered
I am getting a BSOD intermittently about twice a day while leaving the PC on all day. The PC passes a Prime95 torture test and a 3DMark video test on P. What else can I try? system specs are in sig

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Unfortunately you have the most lousy nVidia driver error. If you search Google with nvlddmkm.sys error you'll see what I mean.

so will a new video card and driver fix the problem if I decide I'm too lazy to do the 35 step diy solution?

ahhaa.. i believe its an issue with the nvidia 64 bit driver, my friend got a dell xps 13" notebook and he had a similar issue, re-installing the nvidia drivers a couple of times and he found the correct one at last and that fixed his issue.

1)If your card was supplied by asus completely remove any drivers or smart doctor or anything to do with asus, and throw the cd that came with it. If not do step 2 anyway

2)Remove ati driver and all ati programs including ccc in add/remove.

3)Run driver cleaner

4)Go to ati oficial driver downloads and download only the driver, not the full package suite.

5)Install driver and everything should be fine hopefully.

I was haunted by the same issue and these steps resolved it for me. Good luck xD

ok I'll try those same steps for my nvidia card (see sig) and see if it helps. if anything a driver update couldn't hurt anyway

omg, i do apologise for my complete blindness. silly me.
Anyway like you said a driver update wouldnt hurt, just make sure to use driver cleaner or similar after uninstalling drivers, god i hate drivers.
Anyway sorry for the lousy reply. Hope you sort your issue out xD

Back