• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win 7 7600 64 bit. unstable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

i've had this i7 running ubuntu for about 5 months on the current OC of about 3.7ish ghz. (180x20)

I just installed win 7 on it and when I work the computer (13% on the cpu lol) installing LotR and EQ2 (just to check them out) the stupid things shuts down, or freezes. I get that about every hour.

its the 920 d0 chip.

The obvious answer is windows blows, Linux rules, but before I pitch this OS in the ME/Vista pile....How have you guys been running 7?

um build 7600 just got RTM status, you downloaded a leaked one thats probably corrupt or has a few viruses anyway. *Flames are not allowed - IMOG*, ive been on rc1 build 7100 with absolutely no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
such a negative answer, tsk tsk. and its none of your buisness where people get there software from, not everyone is a pirate :rolleyes:

hows punkbuster workin out for ya on 7100?

O SNAP

such a negative answer, tsk tsk. and its none of your buisness where people get there software from, not everyone is a pirate

I'm running 7100, i had it installed on a regular SATA HD and it ran flawlessly until I OC it to 4.2 GHz and run VMware x4 then it crashed (it passes Prime95) anyway i got a vertex SSD and reinstalled 7100 from the same disk and this install seems to be a lot more flaky, I would suggest a fresh install of win 7 and try installing all drivers again on your own, I disconnect the network before i get going so nothing "auto updates". Then if it poops on you, go back to linux if it keeps you happy, im thinking about it...

um build 7600 just got RTM status, you downloaded a leaked one thats probably corrupt or has a few viruses anyway.*Editted*, ive been on rc1 build 7100 with absolutely no problems.

Bro no need for that kind of reply. That's in poor taste especially for a member that's been here for a while like yourself :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its actually not pirated. My company was given several copies for testing purposes.

"The RTM code will be delivered to our partners within the next few days who will then start preparing to deliver some amazing new products timed to hit at General Availability (GA) of Windows 7 on October 22nd. And going forward, I expect to be showcasing MANY of these new products here on The Windows Blog."

From: http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wi...ows-7-has-been-released-to-manufacturing.aspx

We got ours on the 23...or 24th.

Its actually not pirated. My company was given several copies for testing purposes.

Hmm, maybe the install got corrupted somehow? Installing any software/OS on an oc'ed machine usually corrupts files. Happend to me several times, lol. Also cleaning out the optical drive and reverting said system to their defaults yields a better install ;)

Dropped my OC and everything seems to be stable.

How can that be though? I've got the i7 d0 chip, well below its max down to 3.2ghz and it is freezing up. But ONLY ON WINDOWS 7. I thoroughly tested this chip before I put it in. up to 4.0ghz on vista 64 without a hitch.

O SNAP

I'm running 7100, i had it installed on a regular SATA HD and it ran flawlessly until I OC it to 4.2 GHz and run VMware x4 then it crashed (it passes Prime95) anyway i got a vertex SSD and reinstalled 7100 from the same disk and this install seems to be a lot more flaky, I would suggest a fresh install of win 7 and try installing all drivers again on your own, I disconnect the network before i get going so nothing "auto updates". Then if it poops on you, go back to linux if it keeps you happy, im thinking about it...

I would check the PCI-E frequency setting.

um build 7600 just got RTM status, you downloaded a leaked one thats probably corrupt or has a few viruses anyway. *Flames are not allowed - IMOG*, ive been on rc1 build 7100 with absolutely no problems.

Certain levels of MS partners do have access to build 7600. I would know that, since I do receive emails from MS letting me know about the progress with Win7 as an MS partner. Build 7600 is the RTM, and they will not release it without some kind of testing. These partners with TechNet, MSDN, and some certain other ones I am not sure of will have access to this version. I will see if I can dig up the email that explains it.

Edit: I can't seem to find it, but I do remember seeing somewhere that MS is releasing 7600 to certain levels of partners earlier than it will be on shelves.

Edit again: This link from Methal should be it.

"The RTM code will be delivered to our partners within the next few days who will then start preparing to deliver some amazing new products timed to hit at General Availability (GA) of Windows 7 on October 22nd. And going forward, I expect to be showcasing MANY of these new products here on The Windows Blog."

From: http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wi...ows-7-has-been-released-to-manufacturing.aspx

We got ours on the 23...or 24th.

Last edited:
I've been running the leaked Windows 7 7600 for two weeks now and its been very stable for me. I have a i7 920 @ 3.33GHz. I'm very impressed with this build. The amount of time it takes to log in and wait for it to be responsive seems to have been cut in half from what it was in 7100. My 3DMark Vantage score increase by about 100 points as well.

Back