• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need AM2+ board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

I'm looking for the best AM2+ mobo avail for oc. This board will only be use for LN2 and DICE. I really like the DFI I have right now in my gaming rig, but for an unknown reason I got 2 of those last week and they both shoot the bed while setting them up (just on air cooling no oc!) so I'm not sure I want to go for another one:cry: what would be my best choice? I want to run my 955be and my 940be on it
Thx in advance

Either Giga 790FX or Asus deluxe 790FX . Why not go for AM3 ? In benching world AM2+ is old news :cool:

Its up to you but there alot of reasons to go with AM3 in my opinion , for benching that is . I heard AM3 chips have the IMC's optimized for ddr3 and not ddr2 but havent really got much confirmation on that . Sucks that 2 dfi's were dead i like those boards . Myself am waiting on a new DFI board from legendary UT series , there is a tread about it on XS but its unsure if whether they going to release the board at all .If you do go AM3 its pretty much the same for benching Asus and Giga , MSI got a great board out but the PWM's are to weak for benching on ln2.

Last edited:
I have that Asus Crosshair formula III on the radar right now.....now some good mem stick!

Someone mentioned that crosshair's bios is not very mature yet , its been a while ago am not sure if they improved any , am sure someone who had experience with the board will add to that . I think cdawall had one of them am sure he will let you know .

Just got an answer from DFI about my problem with the 2 board, I don't think they will see my money again
Originally Posted by RGone
Return the board to newegg for refund and get some other brand that you feel will work for your configuration.

So the crosshair is coming my way, and as you can imagine I answered DFI back and tell them that I will return those 2 mobo already greased with vaseline so they can shoved it in their funny hole....

So the crosshair is coming my way, and as you can imagine I answered DFI back and tell them that I will return those 2 mobo already greased with vaseline so they can shoved it in their funny hole....
I thought you were looking for 955BE and 940BE? So you got the Crosshair II - or did you decide to drop the 940 for now ...?

I thought you were looking for 955BE and 940BE? So you got the Crosshair II - or did you decide to drop the 940 for now ...?

I got the crosshair III so I will be running the 955 for now, when my issue with my 2 DFI is resolved, I will get an AM2+ board for the 940. The sticks I got are OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

another vote for the asus m4a79 dlx board.....bios now 1704 is great and has been a stellar o/clocker.....
hard to pass it up if you need an am2+ board....

Back