• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to add to Water Cooling Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jmallit

So I posted a few weeks back about building a new system and now that the parts are here I have most of the system in place.

What I have in place now is:
EVGA X58 SLI LE
i7 920
Antec 850 Modular PSU
Antec P180
Swiftech MCR120-QP Quiet Power Radiator
1 Yates Loon fan on teh Rad
Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump
XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC
Swiftech Apogee™ GTZ Special edition

Today I just got the new video card and my second Rad and want to add the following to the loop:
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power Radiator
Scythe DFS123812-1000 120mm Case Fan X 3
BFG GTX260 With water cooled fitting

I am still working on the extenal enclosure for most of the parts and it will be a few month till I have enough time to get it together in the enclosure.

How easy is it to add to my loop? I am running a res not a T so what is the best way to drain the system so I can add these without giving my computer a bath in distilled water and PT nuke?

As always any help is very much appreciated.

Remove the pump from the case and dump the res in a bucket. If your rad is external, remove the tubes from it and drain from there as well. If it's internal, uninstall the rad, hold it over the bucket and do likewise. From blocks, remove the block from the hardware, hold it over the bucket and remove the tubing. It's not too hard, just a bit time consuming.

I think your doing the right thing. Your getting a total of 120x4 rad which you will need. .

To drain and rebuild you usually take the lowest point off and tilt and turn the parts. Get out what you can. Then take it apart I guess. You can take the CPU block off the cpu and pull it way from the mobo before disconnecting the hose from the barbs.

Thats about all you can do.

Thanks. And thanks again Conumdrum for the help before.

The current rad is internal and the new one will be external. So I will be pulling everything out I guess.

Since you're making changes, consider adding a T/drain port at the lowest point. Having one makes the process of draining a loop a lot easier, whether you have a res or not.

Thanks to all for your help. I now have everything in and not a single leak(can we say that kind of stuff here or is that like bad luck) I will post pictures up tomorrow I still have to finish some wire managment so I an close the case. Spawn I am doing something similiar to yours. I am building a plexiglass enclosure . I just am having some issues cutting holes in the lid for the fans. Temps look good for having the highest temps outside in the history of Redmond, WA!

Thanks again for all your help.

Back