• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking E8200 with P5Q SE/R P45 chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HopeUTKN

Hi all,

Here we go: I just swapped my old Pentium D 945 + $50 for a Core 2 Duo E8200, and I'm very happy. However, I tried to overclock it: it o/ced well till 3.2GHz (8x400MHz), but it failed for 3.2GHz+ (BSOD) and I don't know what the problem is. I've heard that a lot of people have overclocked it to 3.8GHz and more. So I just wanted to know if you guys could help me figure out what the problem is.
Everything is stock voltage, so if I need to raise any voltage, tell me.. but I don't want to fry my hardware :eek:uch:
I would also like to know if my computer is good for gaming.

Thanks.

Specs:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8200 stock 2.66GHz (C0 stepping) [Currently @ 3.2GHz but wants more :)]

CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Ram: KINGSTON KVR800D2N5K2/4G ValueRAM PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 NON-ECC CL5 240PIN DIMM DC Kit

Motherboard: P5Q SE/R (P45 chipset)

GPU : BFG 9800GT OC+

PSU: X-Supply 450W

HDD: IDE PATA 250GB Seagate

yes its time for some vcore XD, bump it up one at a time until its stable. Keep your temps under 60c and becarful about how far you push your ram, remember to give it voltage to after you pass its spec speed.

You have some VALUE ram that i dont think will love to be OCed. Using 400x8 keep your mem non OCed. But going higher mean that your going to OC your mem.

READ the OC sticky FIRST

After, Manual Vcore, Vram, NB, SB, PLL and others since now you know what those are.

Back