• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless network, help please :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinkles

Hello!

So here it is... My house has a wireless network and is wired in every room for internet (gotta love my dad:santa:) I am connected to the wired right now in my room, but my parents just got a new desk for the gameroom, the desk wraps around the whole room so I have room for like 6 computers in there, only problem is there is only 1 internet plug, i have a hub with 4 connectors so i just need to get 2 computers on the network so i can hava 1337 CoD lan party :beer:

OK, so what i want to know is... can i put a computer on the wireless network if it dosent have a wireless card or something, like, can i use a Bluetooth usb dongle to connect to the network? or use an old modem card and turn it into a wirlelss card?

get what im saying? please help, tell me if you need clarification on anything :thup:

Hello!

...so I have room for like 6 computers in there, only problem is there is only 1 internet plug, i have a hub with 4 connectors so i just need to get 2 computers on the network so i can hava 1337 CoD lan party...

I hope you are using a SWITCH for lan parties.....

Also, if you plan to have ALL the computers in the same room at all times, you could just get a cheap switch and plug that into your existing network for the last 2 computers.

Back