• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Map network drives mac os x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

I followed this tutorial: http://www.stevens.edu/itwiki/cgi-bin/wiki/index.php?title=Mac_OS_X_Map_a_Network_Drive

It never reached step three for SMB/CIFS file system authentication.

It seems you can only mount shares to the desktop and not subfolders, so I made an alias of the subfolder it wanted from the server and copied it to the desktop. When opening the alias on the desktop it tries to authenticate against active directory but it never seems to remember the account and password, even when it is added to the keychain...

Is this the best way to do it, and how can I remember the domain username/pass if the computer is not on the domain?

This is the first time I used a Mac so help me out please.

hey man, lemme see if i can be of some help

Your trying to connect your MAC to a PC correct? Not the other way around?

instead of trying to define a folder, just type the IP address of the machine,

ie SMB://172.16.1.42 and see what happens. It SHOULD then pop up the authentification menu (MAYBE) depending on your version of OSX and what the windows permissions are.

THen it will give you a drop down box of what you can mount. This is something you play with on the windows side. ie if you want just to share a directory and not a drive

hope this helps, if not, ask away. Which version of OSX you running btw?

Back