• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP SP1 needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

airflow

Registered
I'm setting up a system to run windows xp.
-I've installed xp pro on it.
-I've downloaded service pack 3 (the network installation file)

Now sp3 says it won't install because sp1 must be installed first.

Can anyone tell me where/if the sp1a (or even sp1) installation package exists somewhere still.

The express installation is not suitable(new setup not internet connected yet, and need backup of sp1 for future)

cheers.

ps, I've searched pretty hard for it, and only found either old links, or the express installation from the microsoft site.

That message is gay. Service pack 3 contains all the previous updates.
You can integrate service pack 3, I did in April, with nLite.

But, OTOH, NT 4.0 looks like it requires that you apply early service packs, exactly in the order they were released, before the later service packs. And the worst of all, NT 4.0 had a gazillion service packs!
Even when I haven't used NT 4.0.

Because that was the 1990s, we should have already been out of that mess.

Microsoft has been disappointing lately. It's been looking like Microsoft axed cumulative updates, thus, going back to the 1990s!

Last edited:
Seems considerably suckful.
But oh well, I'll have to see if I can borrow someone else's internet to download the ~250mb for sp2 (getting too close to my 1g quota for the month)

Also, I'll have to discover what 'integrating' sp3 means

I've slipstreamed SP3 into a vanilla XP just fine. As has been stated, SP3 includes all the updates from previous SPs'.

That message is gay. Service pack 3 contains all the previous updates.
You can integrate service pack 3, I did in April, with nLite.

But, OTOH, NT 4.0 looks like it requires that you apply early service packs, exactly in the order they were released, before the later service packs. And the worst of all, NT 4.0 had a gazillion service packs!
Even when I haven't used NT 4.0.

Because that was the 1990s, we should have already been out of that mess.

Microsoft has been disappointing lately. It's been looking like Microsoft axed cumulative updates, thus, going back to the 1990s!

Im not sure the message's sexual orientation is relevant to installing windows XP SP3

Back