• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmos 1000 Loop Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have mine mounted on the back side. i didnt feel like getting the dremel out on my new case lol. seems to be working fine im running 6 fans on the rad currently and its working awesome where it is ill throw up a pic later at work right now...

BIOS

Chassis Mod

So it looks like he scaled out another 120mm fan and took a dremel to it. Looks like it wouldn't be too hard. I am just trying to figure out why he shaved off the ends of the honeycomb grill, maybe for looks, or did it have a purpose to shave those sides off? Not too familiar with modding, don't feel too comfortable with it, so if I am going to mod I would like to know a little more.

Last edited:
The holes that are laid in the top fit 140mm fans tight, so you can use 4 of the 16 holes there, cut away at the top to fit the rad and have 4 more holes that you drill for support. Just be careful not to take the original 2 holes in the middle away when you cut. Also you will need some say 1/4" material to keep it even underneath as the hole are lower than the actual top. You can also run a push pull set up under the plastic top there is enough room.

Thoughts

Tell me if this looks good and will perform as needed for a core i7 / gtx285

Maybe I need to go w/ 2 pumps? Idk if that single mcp355 will pump through all that but any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• wc rig.jpg
    wc rig.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3,884
i have mine mounted on the back side. i didnt feel like getting the dremel out on my new case lol. seems to be working fine im running 6 fans on the rad currently and its working awesome where it is ill throw up a pic later at work right now...

BIOS

A guy in the sales inquires told me that corsair 1000w cant fit into cosmos 1000 case with asus rampage II extreme and gtx 285

quote: "The price from the quote good for one week...& if you not plan to fo any SLI 750W is good enough.... That case will not fit 1000w coz the size is bigger.."

I believe that guy is a little bit :screwy:
Did you fit 1000w into it???
Thanx

basically a 3 x 120 rad is a radiator which has three 120mm fans mounted on it.
so obviously a 4x120 rad is radiator capable of having four fans mounted.

shout up if you start to see any pattern #Chuckles#

next week 4x140 rads...

enjoy

I have a 1000w Corsair and can confirm there certainly longer than say a 700w

its 8inch as it happens #Grins# just measured it.

basically a 3 x 120 rad is a radiator which has three 120mm fans mounted on it.
so obviously a 4x120 rad is radiator capable of having four fans mounted.

shout up if you start to see any pattern #Chuckles#

next week 4x140 rads...

enjoy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lol

I have a 1000w Corsair and can confirm there certainly longer than say a 700w

its 8inch as it happens #Grins# just measured it.

Thanx, so maybe the sales guy is right...

all down to the cases specifics... never had my head inside a cosmos though (well not the case anyhow #Chuckles#)

I have managed to cram that psu in a much smaller cheaper case than the cosmos though. so its a bit of a design fluff up if its not capable of extended psu`s

there doesnt look to be anything physical preventing it from going in there if the pic`s anything to go by. maybe its the tray with the inlet that it sits on thats not situated right for a larger psu.

I am not sure why it wouldn't fit? Assuming the length is the only dimension that has changed, it should fit. Sure it will overhand the little PSU raised section... but who cares?

well its designed to be capable of mounting to a plate and slotted in from the outside... so the width and height are standard dimensions?

I susspect the inlet holes a couple of inches off from where the 140mm fan is situated in the psu maybe?

gonna whip the side off and try to figure out its location compaired to the 700w ive got knocking about the place.

well the corsair fan center is 95mm approx from the back of the psu and the 700w 120mm fan is 65mm from the back of the psu.

if you can work that in relation to the tray mount?

I think the grill should be big enough to cover that, but even if it doesn't you can mount the PSU 'upside down' so the fan is taking in case air.

Here is a pic of the case PSU spot:
DSCN4730.jpg

The fan intake might be a bit small, but thats easy to fix!

I bet if you spend on a corsair 1000w youd make it fit somehow #Chuckles#

maybe its a vendor myth... try asking if he can get you one in anyway, if he says no I expect its because its not on his suppliers listing and the horror of you giving that money to someone else is too much to handle #Laughs#

its pretty duff here for decent parts... big corporate companies wiped out all the little men and now there not paddling in the cash stream theres nothing on the shelf to buy :shrug:

the smaller outlets couldnt get hold of decent stock for a good while two because the corporate co`s had all the contracts and first dibs.

on-line or bust for parts and theyve slowed up a little with availability :-/

If you're not going to use all the hard drive cages, you could do something like this:
1zg87d1.jpg
(not my pic, but this is how I plan on doing once I get my watercooling parts next month)

Also, first post. Hi guys.

Removing half the hdd cage at the bottom is pretty easy (pop a couple of rivits and then cut down the side). The biggest issue of doing it is you may end up with 3 hdd's crammed together and not getting a lot of air flow. If you go this route, try and leave the 5.25" bay immediately above the drive cages open... and don't use a monitoring program that keeps the hdd's from sleeping.

Cutting an extra fan-size hole in the top is pretty easy also, and fits a 120x3 easily.

Also, welcome! and pics pics pics! :D

Back