• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD5 freezing up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adhoc

Whenever I play COD: World at War, the screen turns mostly either a blue or green shade, then freezes. I start task manager, and sometimes it will play for a little and freeze again, or just not respond.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Thanks

What about other games...? High end games. If everything good with other games then maybe you'r using cracked version or something? If no then maybe you have old nvicia drivers? One version was very buggy.. 17 something or 18xxx... So check out 19x drivers from nvidia.com. If that dosn't helps maybe you overclocked alot something?

What about other games...? High end games. If everything good with other games then maybe you'r using cracked version or something? If no then maybe you have old nvicia drivers? One version was very buggy.. 17 something or 18xxx... So check out 19x drivers from nvidia.com. If that dosn't helps maybe you overclocked alot something?

This.

Also, are you using the most up to date patch?

i have 186.35, that could be the reason, or windows 7....

How do i remove all remnants of the old one if i do get the new driver?

I'm using 1.5, so yes.

Last edited:
Just download new drivers and install them. It'll upgrade it. That's all.

Back