• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW issues on DGL-4500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

I'm not sure why but my roommates keep on getting kicked from their WoW server every 15 minutes. It's got something to do with my DGL-4500 because it didn't happen with the verizon provided Westel 9100EM.

ISP: Verizon FIOS
Router: Dlink DGL-4500, Firmware 1.15

Settings: All ports for WoW forwarded and set on high priority via Gamefuel and Gaming settings.

WOW doesn't need any portforward at all. Never did.

I'd suggest to stop all those "gaming" settings. Just use it as a proper router.

WOW doesn't need any portforward at all. Never did.
Yes it does, otherwise I'd be playing at work right now. You shouldn't "need" to do a port forward, but if it is blocked, it will not work.

World of Warcraft communicates on port 3724 with the TCP protocol. The patching process requires port 3724, 6112, and 6881-6999. Once again to download the patches for World of Warcraft you should forward the following ports.

Last edited:
Yes it does, otherwise I'd be playing at work right now.

Forward to exactly where and how?
I can understand if your work has a restrictive firewall policy and you have to tunnel to the WoW servers via a proxy, but port forwarding?

I really doubt any consumer router doing NAT, like the d-link one here, on the market needs anything specially set up for WoW.The tech support needed then would be a killer on their profit margins.

Forward to exactly where and how?
I can understand if your work has a restrictive firewall policy and you have to tunnel to the WoW servers via a proxy, but port forwarding?

I really doubt any consumer router doing NAT, like the d-link one here, on the market needs anything specially set up for WoW.The tech support needed then would be a killer on their profit margins.
You took my comment completely out of context, bravo. I said that you shouldn't need to port forward, but if it is blocked, it will not work.

You took my comment completely out of context,
bravo. I said that you shouldn't need to port forward, but if it is blocked, it will not work.

I'm sitting here for about 10 minutes now to try to pen an answer to correct a few things, but I recognize it's futile to write one cause I will be accused of many bad things again. So I better stop monitoring this thread, the OP's problem has probably been solved by turning off the useless QoS.

I'm sitting here for about 10 minutes now to try to pen an answer to correct a few things, but I recognize it's futile to write one cause I will be accused of many bad things again. So I better stop monitoring this thread, the OP's problem has probably been solved by turning off the useless QoS.
I'm not attacking you at all and I'm not trying to be rude. I'm correcting your comment because you took my words out of context that changed their meaning.

It is up to you if you want to stop responding, but I see no reason to do such a thing.

Back