• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GS, 680i and Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marc_with_a_c

Registered
I just recently did an upgrade. I installed a used 680i board, E8400, and windows 7 from a clean install. I'm getting video graphics issues. Weird artifacts and graphics that are all messed up. I have tried several different versions of the drivers and made sure to use drivesweeper to clean them up also. Even with going back to 185.85 I have the same issue. This issue was not there with this same video card on my windows XP box. Not sure if its a video card issue or possibly something with the motherboard since that is new to the setup as well. Video card works without issue in regular windows use, just not in 3D games. I've tried street fighter 4 and fallout 3 which both worked without issue on my old setup. I've made sure I'm not overheating with the precision tool and I have the latest bios for the motherboard so I'm stumped. Also I have nothing overclocked. Please help!

Attachments

• sf4.jpg
    sf4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 113
Hahaha!!

Nvidia... the ways its meant to be played... all warped and weird... :D

Yeh check load temps and if they are super high, crank up the fan to 100% and see if the problem persists...

Hahaha!!

Nvidia... the ways its meant to be played... all warped and weird... :D

Yeh check load temps and if they are super high, crank up the fan to 100% and see if the problem persists...
Take your ati love elsewhere, we don't like fanboys.

Temps are ok. even at load with the fan at 100% the temp stays near 60c.
I've went back as far as 181.20 for drivers and still the same issues. not sure what could be causing this. Could any 680i bios setting cause this?

Try underclocking the card below stock clocks and see if the problem persists... if it does, it looks like the card is dying...

Back