• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on Tualatin/Powerleap upgrade problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berean

Registered
Boy when it rains......

I run Windows XP Professional on a MSI BXMaster board, using 256MB ram from Crucial. I recently upgraded to a Tualatin 1.13Ghz using the Powerleap adapter. Since then I see recurring Save Dump errors in my events database which occur precisely at bootup, and consistently alternate between a 0x0000000a and 0x1000008e STOP message errors. The weird thing is that even though these Save dump errors are recorded around bootup time, I have no problem booting into Windows. In addition the PC sometimes randomly reboots, about once a day with these same STOP message errors. Sometimes I get a different stop error, like 0x00000076, but mostly it's 0x0000000a and 0x1000008e I have never had any problems with my old Coppermine prior to the Tualatin adapter upgrade. It's not overclocked either, working at 133FSB.

I'm really hoping someone here might have some knowledge on the issue, whether it's an issue for Powerleap, or maybe it just doesnt like the board (even though it's listed as compatible on Powerleap's website.) Any insight or suggestions appreciated.

well you better do these routine checks:

a) cpu tightly attached to socket? I had to little push mine so that it went fully in
b) cpu fan working? those tualatins might run wo/ fan
c) thermal paste adjusted ok between cpu and heatsink?
d) reset bios to safe default and see what it does
e) reset powerleap adapter jumpers to defaults
f) what kind of power supply do you have? for how many watts is it rated?
g) maybe you test w/ your former cpu that you haven't accidentally broken anything.. like mem failure or something
h) you ran 133Mhz fsb coppermine on your mobo? (I mean is your mobo stable @133Mhz fsb..)

dOER

Testing testing....

doer said:
well you better do these routine checks:

CPU is tightly attached, fully in, fan is working fine, thermal paste is fine, I tried resetting to bios defaults with no change, and I use an Antec 300 watts power supply. Would 300W be enough? I wouldnt think it'd be an issue because the Tualatin is supposed to use a lower voltage.

I havent tried resetting the jumpers on the adapter to default so Ill give that a shot. The mobo worked fine overclocked from 133FSB to 144FSB with my old coppermine, which I swapped again just to make sure it wasnt anything else.

Is it possible the Powerleap adapter is just flaky? I understand it's gotten some pretty bad reviews.

hmm, if you don't get the adapter+cpu working after resetting the jumpers I guess you have to contact the reseller of your adapter and ask them for a new working adapter+cpu or refund. 300W psu should be enough, cause it's enough for my combination

dOER

Back