• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New headset :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kkpudge7

After a couple hours of internet searching of the best price/performance ratio I decided to pick up a set of Sennheiser HD280 headphones for gaming/music use. Man these things are nice, bass response is good, highs and mids are also very responsive. Not a bad investment for $109 out the door :D

Solid choice, I was on the fence between purchasing those and the Sony MDR-V6. I went with the sonys and am happy with them. They're very similar just a little bit cheaper$ which was important at the time. The HD280s and MDR-V6 are basically what I recommend for mainstream users....nothing for audiophiles but atleast it's a quality manufactured product. Tired of being cheap $30 sets that just break in 6 months.

I know what you mean about being able to spend so much more, I mean there are Beyer-Dynamic sets that run upwards of $800....And the audio forums that I was on considered them to be mid range sets...lol. I'm happy with the sound quality from these Senn's. Everyone has they're niche.

Back