• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeCube X1950XT X-Series problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElectroSoldier

Hey guys, Ive been a long time gone, I kinda got side tracked with other things but when I come across a problem I was recommended to you guys...

I bought a GeCube X1950Xt X-Series AGP card off ebay a while ago, I tested it when I got it and it worked fine, I moth-balled it for a while and now Ive come to use it I have found a problem...

First off the card runs hot, I mean really really hot, is this normal for this card?

Second problem is that one of the cooling fans keeps stopping, of course where its in the case I cant see it when it stops so it keeps going until it cuts out, Im presuming its because of the heat [even when both fans are running its hotter than hell], if I give the card a wiggle or take it out on the slot and replace it it seems to work for a while and then it just cuts out again...

Could this be a problem with the fan itself or...

The power supply isnt the best quality, its a cheap PSU that is enough for the job when I was on an ATi 9600 but I think the X1950XT is just to much for it...

So what would your first step be to solve the problem, do I replace the PSU and see if the card simply isnt getting enough power so the cooling fan cuts out, or do I replace the cooler for a new/better one?

If so can you recommend a cooler that is known to work well with this card, I dont really intend to OC it so a top of the line cooler isnt really required just a cooler to allow it to run stock will do me.

Also can anybody tell me what PSU power output is recommended to run one of these, the system its running on is an Asus PCH-DL with 2x Xeon Gallatin 3.2's, 4Gb RAM and a 500Gb SATA II HDD and a whole boat load of USB devices too

I decided to get a new cooler, fitted it, it wouldnt fire up, I replaced the old cooler and tried it again but this time nothing.

You think maybe its dead?

Back