• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slow raid0 performance..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iMDementeD

Registered
EDIT:
the issue at hand wasnt an issue at all..can delete thread admin..
i was tryin to bench with a small file size that wouldnt show the true speed of the array..when using the larger file size i got the speeds expected from this setup..

Last edited:
Im a raid noob but the only thing that comes to mind is your overloading the controler with 4 drives... I would prob wait for someone more experienced to post and then maybe try removing a drive and testing.

yea im not sure thats it..
i do have a total of 6 drives installed but i doubt that should have an affect on performance..and i cant subtract a drive since this is my OS setup..and i dont feel like reinstalling :) if i cant figure it out ill deal with it for now..but id like to get it fixed if possible..

well i think i figured out the issue..im going with the fact that i choose a 128k stripe that small files like the short bench on hd tach is given weird slow results..but when i use the larger files to bench i get the results im seeking..

271.2ave read..much better..
waste of a thread i suppose..

Back