• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my TRUE!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georanma

So, I got a True Black, and I am currently trying to install. The mounting bracet will not reach the back plate without me having to exert more force than i want to. Is there some trick to this?

Is this for socket 775? Try giving it the force, you should be fine, unless maybe if you have an exposed die.

I like to use a washer between my TRUEs and the mounting brackets as I've found the mounting brackets don't apply enough pressure, it's far too easy to wiggle and rotate the heatsink unless I use a washer.

Weird. I wonder why its being like this...i guess i just need to put the screw into the bracket and hold it with the screw drive...apply some force.

Yeah I just pushed down on each screw hard and did the screws in a criss-cross like putting on lugnuts.

Just got my rig back up. From preliminary tests, my idle seems to be similar, but when I put on OCCT, I am getting like a 14 to 20 degree temp reduction at load. Unforunately, thats from the temp sensor on OCCT. Real Temp is not wanting to start up.Im gonna have to push for 4.0 tomorrow.

edit: I need to get two fans and do push pull. Possibly a 3rd to replace the rear stock 120 on my Haf.

Back