• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a quirk with Prime95, worker # 1 is 1 min behind worker #2!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

I heard an unconfirmed report that it can be throttling, even without RealTemp giving any warning!

And the temp never went higher than 67 C, according to RealTemp and Prime95 is running as I'm posting. ;)

Also, only 61 C, according to RealTemp, as I'm posting.

I'm posting this, because I can't recall this occuring when I ran Prime95 with Windows 7 beta, back in January.

Last edited:
Might just be a core working slower than another one. Two cores on my Q6600 are a bit slower than the other two and fall behind in P95.

Welp, Prime95 failed, with the more typical error messages, wasn't any error message from Windows or a freeze. :bang head

Prime95 failed at 5 hours, at 3.0 Ghz with Vcore at 1.45V.

Which setting should I try? I'm back in the BIOS, as I'm posting.

Last edited:
If you are utilizing yoru computer (even just web browsing) while running Prime, it will take away from that core being able to put 100% towards Prime.

If you are utilizing yoru computer (even just web browsing) while running Prime, it will take away from that core being able to put 100% towards Prime.

I left it without doing anything.

My second core does everything more slowly then the first one, regardless of whether i'm doing something in the background or not. It also requires a lot more vcore when overclocking then the first core, leading me to believe that it's partially defective. Given that it's a Pentium Dual Core branding rather then C2D, it almost certainly is.

That type of thing would happen to me when you have another background program running, as has been said.

If you've a DLD going or something in the background it will drag one down a bit to keep the other program running.

Kind of had me scratching my head the first time I saw a core dropping behind then realised what was up :)

:beer:

With just two cores I guess I really couldn't say for sure, been using quads myself awhile, I'd think with two it would drag one down just to keep system going at all though, hmm.

I was wondering, then Prime95 failed shortly after, Prime95 gave me an error.

But not majorly unstable, because it took 5 hours to fail for cryin' out loud.

1.45V seems pretty high which goes right along with thoes high temps. Try lowering your vcore and adjusting some of the other voltages.

I agree with the above comments, your other cores may working on other processes as well thus its running slower and possibly hotter.

1.45V seems pretty high which goes right along with thoes high temps. Try lowering your vcore and adjusting some of the other voltages.

I agree with the above comments, your other cores may working on other processes as well thus its running slower and possibly hotter.

I have a Conroe, so 1.45V isn't that high.

Also, I can get 3.0 Ghz stably at 1.40V, when pigs fly! :mad: :bang head

(Prime95 errored out on me yesterday evening.)

Are *ALL* these symptoms of the heatsink working loose on me?

When I brought it back to 2.6 Ghz and stock Vcore, I don't see the temps jump around like before.

Am I having the same problem, where the core temp is higher than RealTemp acknowledges?

Where it fails to update, even when it didn't hard lock on me.

Where it would hit 90 C even when it's showing only around 65 C?

Back