• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 owners, what test in P95 gives highest temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Large FFT or Small FFT?

If you arent sure please run both for at least 15 minutes with at least a 10 min cooldown between them both. Screenshots would be helpful. I posted this thread b/c there seems to be some confusion and I dont own one to test for myself. Thank you all in advance. :bday:

For the record, I believe its large...as a lot of people from a different website have posted proof. The results here do far are contradictory.

Small has always given highest temps for non i7 procs. Unless the i7 does something funky with prime then it should be the same for them as well.

Think I may test large and small on my Q6600, see if there is a difference or not. Never actually compared them myself, just went by what most peopel said.

Large, from what I have seen, is more on the i7. I think it uses the more cache it has compared to other chips and small fft.

Im looking for i7 testing. Its a general agreement that most/all others small is the temp winner. I guess more info couldnt hurt, however that doesnt fit too closely under the cope of the thread.

i7 has less cache. It has faster access to faster RAM, so it doesn't need as much.

I'm curious to see how this turns out! Nice topic!

Back