• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally broke 30k vantage mark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronanc

Registered
:bday:

qx9650 @ 4ghz 10x400, Ram linked and synced, gpus @ 700/1404/1215

:soda:

Attachments

• 30323.jpg
    30323.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 286
GRATZY !

With an I7 and the SAME gpu you could break 40k ... 3sli is ... USELESS with 775 platform. SRY !

Congratualtions. Only problem I see is that PhysX is enabled. For comparative purposes, and competitive benchmarking (HWBot.org), it needs to be disabled. Sorry to say, it'll drop below 30k :( However, it is only a benchmark, and you'll most likely run with it on during games, so no love lost :thup:

lmao nice score but you need to disable physx bro...i only get 27.7k on the cpu score with a 4.5ghz i7..so your score is going to drop considerably

cheres for replys dudes, wil ldo a run with ppu disabled now and repost, I am having issues regarding drivers, 190.38 are causing havok cards not downclocking, 182.50 seem to be the best in terms of scores but again wont downclock, running 186.18 now

@XTK.. is that 27.5k on cpu with ppu disabled? fook think ill move to I7 lol

With an I7 you can clear 30K with PhysX off. I've run a 31778 at only 4.462 Ghz. (i'll post a screenie if you want to see it) The I7 architecture is just that much faster clock for clock than the C2Q's.

not to sure what ppu is lol but i have ati gpus so there is no physx for me :( the highest score i got was 23k with the rig in my sig

update guys, ran it with PPU disabled..

going to work on a higher overclock over next few days :bday:

Attachments

• 23k.jpg
    23k.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 205
With an I7 you can clear 30K with PhysX off. I've run a 31778 at only 4.462 Ghz. (i'll post a screenie if you want to see it) The I7 architecture is just that much faster clock for clock than the C2Q's.

This is an excellent point. When people realise that an i7 can rival this sort of GPU setup in terms of physics processing power, the idea of running physics on GPUs becomes a bit stupid when it also has to do the graphics work.

havnt got time to install other things yet lol, I am a mozilla fan, i dont like IE, in saying that i had just downgraded from win7 to vista, so had not had time to get all my bits and pieces installed etc..

@ xtkxhom3r yeah there monsters alright lol

all that speed and you are still using IE...

/sigh

Back