• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A small question about display....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragster93

This question isn't exactly related to OC'ing..... so Admins, please don't mind...
I was wondering if i could actually connect my Television to my PC without mistakenly blowing one of thier circuits due to overvoltage???
Incase anyone needs the specs, my PC contains:
1)Intel DG965SS Mobo FSB 800MHz
2)Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz FSB 800MHz
3)1GB RAM 667MHz
4)POV 9600GT 1GB (Core:540MHz Shader:1188MHz Memory:300MHz)
I hope i dint miss anything.....

My TV is a:
Supra Flatscreen ST21AA240 (it's flatscreen, not LCD and it aint plasma either....it's CRT i think because it's got a hunch back)

Thanks in advance!!!

I think your pretty much out of luck. From a quick search your card had either only DVI or DVI and HDMI. The only converters I found were pretty expensive. The cheapest solution is going to be a cheap nvidia PCI card that has S-Vide out.

I think your pretty much out of luck. From a quick search your card had either only DVI or DVI and HDMI. The only converters I found were pretty expensive. The cheapest solution is going to be a cheap nvidia PCI card that has S-Vide out.

Thank you very much for the info. I really didn't know that.

But my question whether i could connect my card to the tv without worrying about either one of them blowing, may the input be DVI, HDMI or the old CRT monitor input....

Thank you very much for the info. I really didn't know that.

But my question whether i could connect my card to the tv without worrying about either one of them blowing, may the input be DVI, HDMI or the old CRT monitor input....

im wondering how do you think it would blow? it is just sending display data... it isnt like your tring to install a light fixture to the ceiling.

yes you can connect your video card to any TV with out anything blowing. unless by blowing you mean the image quality?

im wondering how do you think it would blow? it is just sending display data... it isnt like your tring to install a light fixture to the ceiling.

yes you can connect your video card to any TV with out anything blowing. unless by blowing you mean the image quality?

I know I asked a stupid question...Sorry about that, but was having a doubt...But you've pretty much made the picture clear for me...Thank You!!! :)
I shall give it a try...Thanks again!!! :)

I know I asked a stupid question...Sorry about that, but was having a doubt...But you've pretty much made the picture clear for me...Thank You!!! :)
I shall give it a try...Thanks again!!! :)
nah not stupid, just had me wondering how you thought it would blow the tv....

S-Video will be utterly useless for any text or regular PC type usage. About all you will be able to use a TV w/ S-Video is for watching movies/videos, and it won't look any better than a DVD...

If you want an Extended Desktop, I'd forget about it until you have a HDTV with HDMI/DVI/VGA inputs...

:cool:

Back