• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with new h20 220 setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amaum38

Hi everyone.
I just purchased the swiftech h20-220 liquid cooling kit for my antec 1200. I was running a i7 920 with a zalman 9900 with idle temps at 37 to 38C running at 3.33ghz. I just finished setting up the new liquid cooling kit, and it now shows im idling at 47C, a 10 degree temperature increase! I'm pretty sure the system is free of bubbles, and i mounted the water block with arctic silver 5. I can't find what is out of place here. If any one has suggestions or comments please feel free to share.

Welcome!

are the fans running, is the block seated properly, try re seating it, to much paste? to little?

any kinked lines? where is the rad mounted and is there cold or hot air feeding the rad, is the block tightened down properly?

just a wack of thoughts.

EDIT: also this should be in the water cooling sub section of the cooling forum.

Thanks for the speedy reply. By the way this is my first liquid ccoling system, so I wouldn't be surprised if I did something wrong. I'm pretty sure I used the right amount of paste, about the same amount i had on the zalman. The block is tightened down as far as it will go. My two case fans push air into the radiator mounted externally on the back, and two more pull air through it. There are no kinks in the line. I might be able to post some pictures if that will help. (sorry for posting in the wrong section).

Load temps are more important than idle temps. Those idle temps don't sound too insane, what are the load temps like before and after?

So your case fans are pushing hot air into the rad? That wont be ideal. Pics are always good.

Back