• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 295 + 8800GTS512

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

It's a good idea to do this setup on an X58 board I think to offload PhysX exclusively to the 8800.. 8x slot ought to do right?

Thoughts?

on a 16/16/8 board Im thinking

free (for another 295 later)

8800 for physx

worth a try seen as you have the spare card.

I use a GTX260 for physx to go with my gtx280

scores lower than the gtx280 on physx bench tests but the combo has a little more rendering and frames to offer and less glitches.

the 260 stays clocked down without a second monitor though :-/ :shrug:

if I can find some result on a P45/Q66 setup im sure its measurable on a x58.

got to say though im still working the pros `n cons because my clocks have sufferd from the new found heat #Chuckles#

curious to see what other multi gpu folks findings are on there systems?

I tried my 8800GTS as a physx card in my rig w/ a GTX280. All it did was make more heat. It did nothing in Crysis bench anyways.

I've read it helps in Mirror's Edge pretty well. I recently got Mirror's Edge, and I haven't tried it yet. I don't see the point in trying, though, b/c I'm using 280 for both gfx and physics, and I can crank all the settings at 1920x1200 and it runs perfect.

Back