• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Gfx card to get for 2 1920x1080 monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've heard nothing but bad things about the 4850x2... its good at performance but so many people had difficulties getting it working properly...

What about a 4890? Its very cheap and a great performer and clocks like a champ... nvidia choice would probably be a 260...

If you say 'in the future' why not wait a bit and see what hits the market in the next couple of months.. With the coming HD5xxx series coming; i'm sure there will be a nice price drop for some of the other cards.. Maybe upping your possibilities on a nice card.

In the meantime;

options:

275GTX
HD4890
HD4850X2 (will give you better performance over the HD4890/275). And come with 4 dvi ports iirc. Not that you'd need 4 really but hey lol.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130480

There is always a 285GTX. But its slightly over your budget. Though only by 20 after rebate and such. *shrugs*

With my 9800GT, I can run games like Fallout 3(60 fps), Oblivion(75fps), Supreme Commander (with huge armies at around 30 fps) at max settings and get reasonably good FPS on a 1280x1024 monitor. I am looking for equivalent performance on 2 1920x1080 monitors with max settings and hope to get more than than what i am getting now. Hope that helps :)

The 4890 looks like a good choice, its cheap and gets good benchmarks.

Again, the GTX 260 and 4870 1GB are where it's at for the midrange. Both the 4890 and GTX 275 provide minimal gains over those cards for a rather hefty price premium.

Again, the GTX 260 and 4870 1GB are where it's at for the midrange. Both the 4890 and GTX 275 provide minimal gains over those cards for a rather hefty price premium.

Checking out the GTX 260 and the 4870, and I think I am going to go with the GTX 260. In nearly all the benchmark tests I have seen, The GTX 260 Kills the 4870 with a good margin. It is also about The same price. I am going to get the Evga SuperClocked Edition for 5 bucks more, which puts me at $189.99. This card from the looks of the benchmarks will meet and surpass my expectations at a price that is absolutely Awesome. Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Since I have your attention, what keyboard Should I go with? I am thinking the G11 since it looks nice and it cheap. Lets try to keep this under 75 dollars :)

Last edited:
For 75 you can get the G15 Rev 2 on newegg... But shrug.

Dunno which you'd prefer though.

Or for 5 extra (free shipping) the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114008

Quite a nice keyboard. XD.

OR god forbid a microsoft keyboard...
Sidewinder is quite the nice one actually.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109069

My cousin has the G15 and I went over to his house yesterday, and the LCD screen would bug me. I don't think im diggin the Sidewinders detachable key, but that razer is awesome! And that combo deal thing is pretty sweet too. I think I am going to go for that, as I need a new Mouse/Keyboard/Mousepad/Headset. My current mousepad was the statue of liberty, but I have had to rotate it 180 because it was getting so ripped up :D

Back