• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATi 9.8 Windows 7 RC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baby3ater666

All I have to say about this update is wow! The newest update to ATi Catalyst gives dual gpu users such as me and even quad gpu users amazing gains in Crysis! Very High is actually now playable at 1920x1080 no aa, averaging in the mid 30's low 40's throughout levels now! Quad GPU users get over a 34% gain:drool:. There is also a gain for Crysis Warhead but the biggest gain I noticed was in Far Cry 2. I get way better frames now using DX10 then I do with DX9! Before frames would suffer quite a bit using DX10 but not anymore! :D DX10 no aa 1920x1080 all other options maxed on "Ranch Small" averaged 81.12 fps! With 8aa only got 38.89 :O DX9 no aa 1920x1080 I achieved only 69.06! With 8aa only achieved 31.94. Guys who got a Dual GPU or even Quad for those who are lucky d/l this update now! I found it at Guru3d.com. :) Happy gaming guys!:bday:

http://pcper.com/#NewsID-7641

Last edited:
Really???

I'm LOATHE to monkey with perfection as I have 9.7 running perfectly...but I'll eventually try this anyway, so why fight it. :) Thanx for the linky!

It does not seem to be available for me. Where did you actually DL the driver from?

Thx Neb, :) You're so helpful.
I could have found it for myself if I'd have taken the time this morning. However, I was more curious to see what was up, since the OP made a post about 9.8 but posted a DL link that went to 9.7 drivers. Or am I missing something.

No sweat my brutha ;)

Yes the links lead to the 9.7's at ATI's site. Not sure why the 9.8's aren't there. I checked out guru3d and found them (9.8's) there :D

9.8 is supposedly just getting released to the public today but there have been links on blogs before now from people within the company so that might be why guru has them but ATI hasn't listed them yet.

Back