• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeping Videos maximized on secondary display.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockstarzz

I'd like to run videos on my secondary display (a LCD tv) while still doing work on my primary display. However, most videos will unmaximize if i click anywhere back on the primary display, forcing me to watch them small, which defeats the purpose of putting them on the tv. Is there any way to configure it so my clicking doesn't disrupt things on the other display? Like splitting the desktops or something? I've fiddled around with the display options, but haven't been able to get anything satisfactory.

I've got windows 7 RC 64x, and a 4890 with the newest drivers.

There are a few media players that I've been able to do that with. I think Windows Media Player will let you work without unmaximizing the screen and maybe VLC. I know I've done it before but I'll have to double check when I get home and get back to you.

Never had a problem with WMP unmaximizing in XP/Vista.

Sounds like a Mojave issue.

You can always try going into CCC and setting theater mode. Run WMP in toolbar (with that tiny little screen) and it will show full screen on the second display.

Back