• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink [LGA775] - Buying from NCIX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Insthink

I'm looking at NCIX.com 's weekly deals for buying a replacement HSF [currently using stock]

I was recommended by two users to buy the Xigmatek HDT-S1283

There's also this one for the same price, and it looks fubaring huge!

While shopping on NCIX, I found the Artic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro for only 20$ [half the price] and it has a lot more reviews with a great score. It seems a bit smaller, but from checking on google more on that cooler, it seems pretty darn good.

Now I'm asking for the people here if the ximatek is really worth spending 2x more money on.

There's also the OCZ Gladiator Quad Heatpipe for 35$

They all seem equal to me [aside from noise factor for fan sizes], but with differences in price that would tip my decision one way or the other.

I'm not looking to spend anymore than 40$ [and would wish for less]

I will be overclocking, but nothing extreme.

EDIT : Would be nice if the HS I buy would be transferable to a i7 whenever I upgrade.

EDIT2: Oh shiiiiiii! since I originally started shopping, they added a 10$ MIR for the Xiggy! buy? buy?

Last edited:
If it helps any I have the freezer 7 pro and it keeps my E5200 OC to 3.35Ghz at about 55*C load, and when running at 3.6Ghz max temp was 61*C, ambient temps around 30*C.

And yeah Im looking at upgrading to the xigmatek soon, just buy it

Personally I would go for the Dark Knight since it comes with a stronger fan and bolt through mounting with a back plate. I wouldn't trust the push pins on a 120mm tower HS.

+1 for the Dark Night

Also have a look at the OCZ Vendetta2 and coupled with a XigmaTek Crossbow bolt thru kit are great coolers too for a Quad Core

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29311&vpn=OCZTVEND2&manufacture=OCZ Technology

Ok well, the Xigmatek would still be 36.60$ with mounting plate compared to the 50$ dark knight just for a fan difference. I won't be doing extreme overclocking.

As for the OCZ Vendetta2, what about the OCZ Gladiator Quad Pipe? It has more pipes, a smaller fan, but the fan is faster. It's on promotion right now as well... and even then, would the vendetta [or gladiator] be any better than the Xiggy?

Don't forget, price is a big criteria for me.

It's a smaller heatsink as well, 92mm rather then 120mm. That's a big difference.

It's a smaller heatsink as well, 92mm rather then 120mm. That's a big difference.

Ah okay, well, unless someone has an opposition against the xiggy, I'll go for it. The other suggestions are good, but then again, the logic of $ for performance applies. Buy a 50$ heat sink? why stop there? why not 60$ or 70$ or 80$ ;)

I learned to discipline myself for those things, unless there's a huge difference in performance :D

Back