• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon Orb 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ice Breaker 489

does anyone hav any experience using the dragon orb 3 (7000rpm)?

I was thinking of getting this instead of the volcano 7...

Is it any good? Does anyone know of any sites that gave it good/bad review?

I had a DR3 once. I couldnt get that huge clip to stay on the lugs. Well the clip fell off so the whole hsf fell off so I ended up burning a 1GHZ T-Bird. They are also not that good at cooling. Theyre ok if you do not o/c. They are mostly for looks. I dont think the 7 is any better. Maybe look into the Cooler Master with the heatpipe.

In Defense of The DOrb3+Cu

I have it & still using it. I also find the clip to be great since it uses all the socket lugs. It works pretty well if my overclock is any proof of that. I do urge you however to look at other HSF within your budget that will outperform the DOrb3+Cu & to also find one that uses similar clips for stability & safety or better yet something that uses the 4 holes around the socket to mount. Good Luck:beer:

m_mike_k - If you can't program a TEC-2 to regulate boost pressure does it suck?

I like this review for the 7...

Also, if I recall correctly, that Dragon Orb weighs 692 grams!!! That is heavy for somthing that attaches with only a socket clip!

Last edited:
Ice Breaker 489 said:
thanx for the link crazyman!

I'm inching toward the orb 3 :D

WOW! Hi neighbor! I am in Mission Hills,at the 118 & 405 !
what a small world..thats cool!
we have probably bumped into each other at Fry's..lol
I'm in your area all the time for work,like everyday!
:) Dan

for those of you who don't know,we live like 7 miles away from each other

I use to get daily news and get the frys ads from there but the post office finally got my neighbors address right!

well its cool to know that OC forum members arent as distant as i thought they were.

All orbs get dissed alot in these forums. My Dorb3 is the only orb I have ever had, and I have been very happy with it. It is well-designed and well-made and it looks cool. But that's just my opinion.

The cooling power of the Orb 3 is ok, even for slight oc. But considered it´s size, weigt and noise it is not too good.
On the other hand I must admit, that it is by far the coolest looking aircooler around:D

Back