• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silencer PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

Does anybody have any experience with these? Are they REALLY quiet? How is the quality (I'm not too concerned about that because everyone said Pow-Max were Kapow Maxxes because they always blew but I ran one with an insane OC for like 5+ years and it still works).

Does anybody know of any cheaper quiet/silent PSUs? Their cheapest is a 500W that comes in at about $50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703016

I have the 610w version and its the best power supply I've ever owned. I know mine is a Seasonic build and I think that one is too so ya they are quiet.

Can't speak to their noise level as I've never owned one. I do know several people that use PC P&C exclusively however, and their build quality is superb.

PC Power and Cooling is awesome. I highly reccomend. I have a silencer 710 and might get the newer one on my next build... only problem is my case is designed to be used exclusively with a top mount 140mm or 120mm fan on the psu (pointed down for bottom intake).

(I'm not too concerned about that because everyone said Pow-Max were Kapow Maxxes because they always blew but I ran one with an insane OC for like 5+ years and it still works).

You are extremely lucky ;)

Another alternatative is obviously from Corsair and or Seasonic, most of the seasonic and corsair units share the same insides almost (HX520 is seasonic, silencer is seasonic, and seasonic psus are wel.. seasonic)

I have a VX450 and it runs great something like a TX650 would be nice for you, depending on US pricign.

You are extremely lucky ;)

Another alternatative is obviously from Corsair and or Seasonic, most of the seasonic and corsair units share the same insides almost (HX520 is seasonic, silencer is seasonic, and seasonic psus are wel.. seasonic)

I have a VX450 and it runs great something like a TX650 would be nice for you, depending on US pricign.

The only experience I have with seasonic is that they are overpriced, and that the seasonic units sold by PCPC are the lowest quality PSU's they've ever sold. It used tobe if you could count on one company's products, it was PCPC, now with the silencer's by seasonic that is even in question.

Only compared to a jet engine or a Turbocool. Seasonic builds them... you'd be better off with an actual Seasonic if you want quiet. M12D is a good choice.

I guess mine under very moderate load doesn't get loud... but I know that you guys noticed a lot of noise under load.

I love my 750W Silencer, I haven't had any problems, and I can honestly say I've never heard it running. I would recommend PC P&C to anyone and everyone.

I've got two 610 Silencers and they work perfectly fine.

I got them before OCZ acquired PCP&C if that makes any difference.

Back