• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slave GTX260 stays clocked down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

ok so ive got a GTX280 as my main GPU driving one 1920x1200 monitor
and a GTX260 set to drive the second 1920x1200 monitor and run the physx for the 280.

I just sold another 1650x1080 monitor a few hours ago and poking in evga precision it tells me my 260 isnt hitting 3d speeds now its a monitor short.

can I force it to clock to 3d with riva or something?
and mayhap firstly is there any known point to making it hit 3d speeds to render a 2d monitor display and handle physx on the side.

in tests previous it scored better on physx with faster clocks but now theres not enough work load to trigger those speeds :-/

anyone help me out this slightly confused grey patch im in?

why bother is a valid question but there are some benefits at double 1920x1200 in terms of not tearing even with vsync on when hard pushed on the 280. oh and off course the physx for what its worth.

edit. even with the fluid particle demo it takes about 20seconds to ramp up when I drag the demo over to the 260`s monitor #Chuckles#
even more concerning is when I drag said demo back to the 280`s screen the 260 then stays clocked as if its decided its actually doing something :-/

does it mess up the triggering on the latching when you go clocking... maybe I should try it at default and see how it behaves?

should note im using 190.56 drivers (beta) could also be the problem.

Last edited:
Rivatuner
Power User tab, Overclocking, Forceperflvl right click and turn the light bulb on :p

Then at clock settings tab theres a dropdown menu for forced performance, switch it over to
3d perf and reboot, now your second card is ready to jump into action like a ninja awaiting it's kill!

Last edited:
Back