• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Screensaver U like thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

So its early/late depending on what I plan to do with the pending day in a few hours, and im sat tweaking my screensaver and got to thinking it could be nice to know what fantastic screenies other OCforum folks stick on there super machines?

so heres your chance to enlighten us of your fantastic choices... :clap:

guess i`ll make a start then....

Im a retired fish breeding fanatic and I took the time to purchace Dream Aquarium after being fairly impressed with the effort.

fishsaver.jpg

snap of my tweaking - dual screen 1920x1200, 170fish (cardinals) and a nice 120.3 frames per second #Chuckles#

probably now uses half a killowatt more power when the screenie kicks in now but its a nice virtual shoal #Laughs# :soda:

so whats your screensaver of choice?

probably now uses half a killowatt more power when the screenie kicks in now but its a nice virtual shoal #Laughs# :soda:

500 watts more? :eek:

I personally haven't tweaked windows much, so I still have the default XP one... Although I might be interested in an 'aquarium' myself.

not sure what a GTX280 & 260 pull in full 3Dmode :shrug: (not sure I want to know #Chuckles#)

aquariums are quite rewarding for most that give it a try. I had thousands of litres and rare breeding fish that few really knew how to luck after :-/ ended up shackled to some fish farm for erm six years #Laughs#

no animals now though! Im free to escape and party (before its too late!)

so aquarium = good
fish farm = bad!

just to re-cap :D

note. the virtual shoal are well. no white spot or artifacts ;)

From what i know u just replaced aquariums with radiators,bobby !!! Cant really post my screeny here,its not G rated :p

Ohhh forgot if you have vista ultimate, u can have a video Wallpaper as well , haven't tried it yet myself tho .

OK CharlieCS I have a rad fetish :rolleyes::shrug:

from thoes dirty cheap numbers right threw to super models ;)

I love em all! big ones, little ones, singles, doubles and triples.

I have to stop it now... im sweating, must be all the heat from my screensaver :D

your right actually just one 300litre tank to go and maybe use the cash for a couple of rads and stuff, hmmm rads.

anyhow the blue screen savers probably fun to install on an entire network of your dis-like #Chuckles#

was hoping for some comedy re-writes of the messages really :-/
that would have finished it off for me.

My screensaver: "Blank Screen"

No, I'm not kidding.

The extra resources taken up by an active screensaver takes away a couple PPD when Folding@Home and that's unacceptable. :)

So its early/late depending on what I plan to do with the pending day in a few hours, and im sat tweaking my screensaver and got to thinking it could be nice to know what fantastic screenies other OCforum folks stick on there super machines?

so heres your chance to enlighten us of your fantastic choices... :clap:

guess i`ll make a start then....

Im a retired fish breeding fanatic and I took the time to purchace Dream Aquarium after being fairly impressed with the effort.

View attachment 75922

snap of my tweaking - dual screen 1920x1200, 170fish (cardinals) and a nice 120.3 frames per second #Chuckles#

so whats your screensaver of choice?

ex PVAS board member, currently the fish have more room then I do in the condo. 4 tanks all FW, total of 140 gallons.

I just set the monitor to turn off after a little while of no use. No point to a screen "saver" in the LCD age :beer:

'starfield simulation' all the way! :D

(actually, that really is what i use on all of my windows machines)

I personally enjoy the fake blue screen of death Good for a laugh or two...

problem with that one is , well it isnt really a saver at all. leave it on long enough and the error will burn onto the tube. haha given you don't have a LCD.

I used to use zmatrix on windows, and linux has a similar opengl matrix saver one that I've used in the past also.

The popular one in the office now is flying pigs, which you can also shoot with a shotgun and it tracks your accuracy. From somewhere on the intarwebs, not interested in it personally and its likely windows only (not for me).

Currently I also use power management like some others here, screen turns off when I'm not around.

I just set the monitor to turn off after a little while of no use. No point to a screen "saver" in the LCD age :beer:

My screensaver: "Blank Screen"

No, I'm not kidding.

The extra resources taken up by an active screensaver takes away a couple PPD when Folding@Home and that's unacceptable. :)

Ditto just have go blank and turn off after 5 mins, dont want to use loose them Folding resources,,,

Funny thing though a whle back had a really nice Coral Reef Fish Tank Screen Saver, similar to BB,s, and when the Wifes Grand kids were over they loved watching it

One of them the youngest at the time asked - "How do we feed the Fish" kids they crack you up at times,, lol

I only use one for when I'm running dual monitors..

And that would be the Ribbons screensaver!

I like it because its pretty, and it spans both monitors :thup:

Cam not optomised for the dark! :D

It actually looks alot better in person, both screens look equal, not in size, but colour and brightness :)

problem with that one is , well it isnt really a saver at all. leave it on long enough and the error will burn onto the tube. haha given you don't have a LCD.

As I said, just good for a laugh :).... CRT's? People still own them??? (kidding of course)

I still use a crt mainly cus i dont have the money right now for an lcd. I also use a blank screen

i use a BSOD screen and it has 2 images, one without the blinking line and one with it so it looks real when its changing pics :) people always think my computer is broken alot cause of that :p

I have screensaver stuff turned off, I lock the computer and turn off my monitor when I'm not using it. :)

Back