• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xclio Wind Tunnel Advanced

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use an XClio Coolbox for one of my HTPCs and I think it's a great case.

The case "can" be a bit cramped with 5 HDDs and 2 HD4870s, but it is deathly quiet in operation when you turn down the 140mm fan on the front of the case and use Scythe Musashi coolers on the Radeons.

I just built a system in an ABS Black Pearl case and the temps went UP by almost 16°C lol

I'll take the XClio anyday.

Meh....not impressed. Antec 1200 FTW!

I thought maybe with the two 250mm fans on the side panel like that and the out fan on the top as well as a lot of venting, the overall air flow, and overall direction and volume of airflow would be preferable to the 1200?

I was going to get the 1200 I just wanted to mention this one too because I think it's a good idea. The videocard and chipset get way better near-discreet cooling in this windtunnel case too

Just had quick look at the Xclio website. What strange cases! Might get one of the super towers for my file server.

EDIT: Scrap that idea, the Xclio 1000 is £170 on ebay! No sign of the 2000 tho.

Last edited:
No thanks.

The case does hold a world record though. Not one, but TWO 250mm fans on the side.

I have the original version myself and love it. The 2 side fans really do an excellent job of moving the air, even on thier lowest setting, and the case has plenty of ventilation holes all in the right place. Even on air, my idle temps on the cpu were @ or just 1-2 C higher then room temps. Plenty of room in the case (could easily go W/C with everything internal), very sturdy, and if you use the right fans, very quiet as well. Very sedated looks and not an attention magnet like other cases.

I use this Xclio case for one of my HTPCs and it's great.
photo01.jpg

I removed the fan on the side because I do not need the airflow (CPU runs at 22°C & Radeon 4870 runs at 30°C)

The fans have built-in switches that let you turn off the LED light and each have a fan controller built-in (Look at the left front corner, about halfway up the case, to the left of the front panel LEDs, and you can see the fan speed control dial for the front 140mm fan)

Back