• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Personal milestone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I made it back to page two. Oh I was there many years ago but then you young 'ens took me down more than a few pegs. Now I'm back at #200. Things get tougher from here on.

Keep up the good work all.

Holy Carp!!! :eek: It take over a million to get onto Page 2 now!? :eek:

When did that happen!? Because obviously I missed it. :D

Great Folding don! :beer: Keep on raising the glass... I mean, bar! :beer:

Holy Carp!!! :eek: It take over a million to get onto Page 2 now!? :eek:

When did that happen!? Because obviously I missed it. :D

It seems to have been a few months. I was still on page 3 when I passed the million mark (haven't checked my stats, but might have been bumped back, since I had to shut down for 3 days). It seems that we might be seeing millionaires on page 4 one of these days. Then, eventually they will be onto taking over page 5.

Yeah. I am still climbing but much much slower. I see that I'm gaining on niksub1. In about 14 years I should catch him. Wedo too. Why have the big guys all left us?

One problem for folders who have been with us for awhile, is when a newer bunch of high point and high speed folding clients, is brought out by Stanford.

If older hardware can't run the client, then they're stuck with the older clients, (which doesn't seem worthwhile in comparison with the new folding clients). Another factor has been the increase across large sections of the country, in our electric rates. In my state, (California), it's doubled a few times since we were sold a bill of goods about the value of "deregulating" our public utilities. What a crock that was (and still is)! :mad:

Imagine you have several P4 (Pentiums not Phenoms). Can you imagine folding with them 24/7, today? The heat and the electric bi$$. :cry:

Lots of our teammates have upgraded their folding rigs, and gone on, but how many times do you plan on doing that? If it's for business use also, OK, that's understandable. For those of us who fold on personal rigs however, it's quite different.

If it weren't for a particular computationally intensive search I've been contemplating running for quite some time, I wouldn't have upgraded past my C2D's (E6700's). I have no other programs that need, or could really use, more processing power.

Yeah. I am still climbing but much much slower. I see that I'm gaining on niksub1. In about 14 years I should catch him. Wedo too. Why have the big guys all left us?

So you should be seeing me not too far ahead. I think the last time I looked, I had spot #189 occupied.

I think one of the reasons that some of our older power folders have cut back or altogether stopped, is because of the points inflation that was noticed around the introduction of the SMP and GPU1 clients. Of course, at the time, there was no points inflation with the UniProc client, due to the fact that it was not beta. The SMP client, to my knowledge is still beta, and I think the points inflation was only intended to draw people in, and to get the client out into the wild. At this time, since the client is so much more widely used, I think they may have decided to keep the points system they have now to prevent people from leaving the project, therefore, costing Stanford a lot of valuable research. These are my personal views, and do not reflect those of Pande Group.

So you should be seeing me not too far ahead. I think the last time I looked, I had spot #189 occupied.

Yeah. You are still #189. I should see you in just over a month. Of course, I've been folding 24/7 this week as my wife was out of town. She comes back tomorrow so I'll be back to turning off my rigs at night. Oh well. Such is life.:beer:

Yeah. You are still #189. I should see you in just over a month. Of course, I've been folding 24/7 this week as my wife was out of town. She comes back tomorrow so I'll be back to turning off my rigs at night. Oh well. Such is life.:beer:

I am still actually cranking them out full speed ahead, but had to shut down for a few days last week, and for some reason my average hasn't gone back up on EOC. Last time I got a chance to sit at my computer, only for a couple of minutes, I was seeing around 6600 points turned in for the day, but my average is still at just under 3800 PPD. I do have some system maintenance to work out tomorrow, but it shouldn't take too long. I may also see what I can do about getting this Accelero on my 9800GT, since I have been looking at it for a couple of months. I just seem to be having a hard time getting the RAM sinks and Voltage Regulator sinks to stay on the card. Probably just going to use the old thermal paste and super glue trick, since I don't ever remember it failing me yet.

Those zero point days on 8/22 and 8/23 will be dropping off your average ppd, which I think is based on 7 days.

Those zero point days on 8/22 and 8/23 will be dropping off your average ppd, which I think is based on 7 days.

Those are the ones. I was out of town, and didn't want to leave the rig running. Usually when I go out of town, I make it a point to shut down, just in case the EUE's start coming. I like to be able to atleast pop in and check on things if I can, to make sure I am not producing bad results. I do believe it is based on 7 days, and the output of EOC never matches HFM anyway. Either way, I only use EOC stats for an estimate of of things.

Back