• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rigged up some ducting for my HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

And did what cable management i can without cutting things.
I'm pretty pleased with the results, the difference between case side off and case side on is 1-2*c now.

It's a HDT-1283 HSF, and the little fan next to it is bolted to the NB.
The ducting out through the missing rear IO panel (open box mobo) runs a lot of air over the VRM cooler that is heatpiped to the NB.
It's taped to the PSU because the PSU has a bottom fan as well as a rear fan and slots on the front, so i drafted it :p

EDIT:
Gah, this should have gone in cases/case modding. Sorry :(

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 59
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 61
  • HSF.jpg
    HSF.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Folding for a lengthy period of time in a ~70*f room gives me a cpu temp of 51*c, which is the same as when it was running with the side off.

Running 3dmark06 in a 75*f room gets the GPU to 63*c and the CPU to 53*c. It idles ~39*c.
The TIM'd on lid of the e5200 makes for murderous temps, i hate it. I'm constantly tempted to de-lid it.

The mail goal was to quiet things down a little, which it did.
I might swap the HSF fan and the intake fan for giggles at some point.

This is with the 3.3ghz 1.19vcore listed in my sig.
With 3.5ghz and 1.26vcore (least it'll run with, it doesn't like >3.3 at all) i runs 56*c folding.

Back