• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question need reply soon :0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonex

Hey everyone just a quick question,

I just removed the heatsink off my radeon 4850 to put on artcic silver 5. The question is , should I remove the gum of the ram and put as5 or leave the gum and just put it on the gpu... .im concerned because Im not sure if i remove the gum of the ram if the ram with as5 will still be touching the heatsink...

Any advice??

leave the "gum" on since it can make contact with the heatsink, thermal paste wont.

edit: put it on the gpu but remember artic silver is capcitive or something like that.

leave the "gum" on since it can make contact with the heatsink, thermal paste wont.

edit: put it on the core but remember artic silver is capcitive or something like that.

ok so i will apply as5 on the gpu, the gum for the ram is still stuck on the heatsink. So should i just not apply anything on the ram and put the heatsink back together with the gum, or should i have AS5 on the ram as well as the gum?

ok so i will apply as5 on the gpu, the gum for the ram is still stuck on the heatsink. So should i just not apply anything on the ram and put the heatsink back together with the gum, or should i have AS5 on the ram as well as the gum?

as5 on the ram and the gum might work but it might short if it gets under the chip.

ok so i will just put it on gpu then and leave the ram alone

Yeah I would just leave the RAM chips. I've just replaced the stock TIM on my GTX 260 with AS5 and temps went down from 79c to 72c while running furmark.

yea i my temp is now idle at 37 degrees with the stock cooler, overclock is a slight one 700/1100 so its looking good.

Back