• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the Music!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

What music? What's to celebrate??

ChasR reaching 100 Million Points!!

And we have several other noteworthy milestones, as well:

fireworks2.jpg
Speakers!

Code:
[b][size="5"][color="Red"]
                ChasR @ 100,551,889[/color][color=#ff4444]

BigBlockk @ 9,057,920[/color][color=#ff6644]

surferseth @ 4,009,798[/color][color=#ff8844]

Misfit @ 3,007,049[/color][color=#ffaa44]

voidn @ 2,041,744[/color][color=#ffbb44]

ProteinPete @ 1,010,833[/color][color=#ffcc44]

MICT158 @ 750,890[/color][color=#ffdd44]

Outback_Jon @ 500,603[/color][color=#ffee44]

Joe @ 351,648[/color][color=#ffff44]

Spec_Ops2087 @ 243,587
[/b][/size][/color]

BigBlockk has risen smartly up to 9 Million, and Surferseth, Misfit, and Voidn have all passed their next Million point milestone - 4, 3 and 2 Million respectively.
00-RAH!

ProteinPete is our newest Millionaire Club member! Welcome, Pete!

MICT158, Outback_Jon, Joe and Spec_Ops have all entered a higher bracket in the sub Million group, despite the Summer heat. WTF!

Well done, everyone! :beer: :beer: :soda:

I'd linger longer, but I have to go fix my milestone computer program - *somebody* exceeded it's highest range of points!
:burn: :burn: :burn:

Congratulations, Charles!!​

Last edited:
You got that right!!! I hope people understand the magnitude of what Charles has done here... what a contribution to the betterment of humanity!

Now there are a few other "users" who have achieved this 100 million point level... but from what I can see and/or know, those other people have done it with the help of corporate servers, large university science labs, etc. Charles is mostly a one man army who fully supports his Folding on his own dime... simply amazing!!!

It must be noted that another one of our heavy hitters, HayseK, was a large part of ChasR's (the user) production over the years. He split off and became his own one man army in October of last year... so he deserves a lot of the credit for this milestone as well.

Gentlemen... I personally want to thank both of you for what you do for Team 32, the Folding@Home Project, and the betterment of humanity... again, simply amazing!!!

:attn:
Outstanding work Charlie! :clap::clap::clap:

This one's for you

guinness.jpg

100 million is unfathomable, excellent folding and commitment ChasR! :beer:

....... im speechless 0_0

you deserve a nice
Cookie.jpg
you earned it even at your first 1 points :D

That is some amazing dedication. I wonder how much energy and consequently money went into powering through those 100 million points? =D

I'm sure the man could give you a rough estimate... if he were so inclined... ;)

Mmmm... who posted cookies? Those look mighty good right now. :D Wait... I told you to stock the fridge with :beer:... however, it's later in the evening... I'll definitely take cookies at this point. :D

Thanks dan! :beer:

The surviving family of my brain tumor are not at all appreciative of your threats of genocide :) Thanks :)

Last edited:
That is some amazing dedication. I wonder how much energy and consequently money went into powering through those 100 million points? =D

The P4s And XP-M Bartons ( 2.4 GHz @ 1.85v) ate electricity at a prodigious rate compared to ppd. When I started, P4Cs produced 40 ppd/GHz and AMD XP Bartons varied from 50 to 85 ppd/GHz depending on the core type. 200 watts made about 200 ppd. Now at around 500 Watts one can make at least 16,000 ppd. Anyway, I figure I'm into 5 figures on power alone as is Hayes.

I dedicate my points to my sister, Catherine, who died of liver cancer at the age of 52. She made it worth the effort, every penny of it!

congrats ChasR!

You are an icon to everyone here and thank you for your dedication to the project!

Every penny is worth it!

WTF to everyone !!!

"lets all celebrate and have a good time..."

Back